Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Boat trip numero four

Seems like my posts on our trip are lasting longer than the trip itself! Hope it's not too boring for all 2 of you readers!! (Hi, Mom! Hi Female!)

Sad thing is, I'm not even sure my mom is reading this thing anymore! Pitiful, really!

ANNNNYway, last I left you with beautiful sunset pictures from our slip at Martha's Vineyard. We awoke the next morning after sleeping VERY well, to a day to beat all others. It was picture-perfect in every way. Calm, calm, bright blue sky, perfect temperature and just heavenly.

So we ate a nice breakfast - made delicious Spanish coffee that I had special-ordered (because there is nothing as good as Spanish cafe con leche in the morning!), and then we got dressed and ready to take off for another harbor. I wore my new Black Dog t-shirt:If you are not familiar with the Black Dog lore from Martha's Vineyard, you can read this article from wikipedia. Suffice it to say that a real black dog that once lived there became the symbol of "The simple life." Not fancy, no frills...That's sort of how the Vineyard is. Not fancy and frilly like Nantucket.

I liked my new t-shirt. It's super soft and comfy. This was the scene as we left the harbor:See how pretty and calm it is?

Here we are at Wood's Hole again:

And here is the world-famous Wood's Hole Oceanographic Institute:
I always thought I'd end up working there.

After much discussion and ideas about where to spend our last day and night on the boat? Where do you think we went? Right back to Quisset! We loved it there the first night despite less-than-desirable weather, so we wanted to head back there on such a pretty day to enjoy it!

Hello, Quisset!

Here was the view from our mooring:And here's the beach along one side of the harbor:
That's my husband over there on the left with the snorkel!

Later that afternoon, there was a huge commotion in the sky. Three HUGE helicopters were flying right over us toward Martha's Vineyard. Turns out it was President Obama!That was the biggest of the helicopters right there above our boat!

After fishing (we caught 5 scups!), swimming, sunning, reading and generally having lovely day, we showered and then went to our upper deck to watch the sun set:


It was then time for dinner:
We made fish sandwiches! I cooked the scup with onions, then toasted wheat hamburger rolls with cheese melted on them! Served with fresh pepper strips and zucchini! Deeeelish!

We have just one more installment of trip pictures and then we'll proceed with talk of flowers and such.

Have a lovely Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. You sure do know how to enjoy your Golden Years.
    Many more ahead for the two of you. :0)

    P.S. I'm not that adventurous, but love reading about others adventures off their normal path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by-the-by you have at least three readers!! I mean gosh, I did miss yesterday but I just saw all the yummies and read about your great adventure. And you mentioning and showing WHOI reminded me of a little fact I learned about 5 years ago -- and when you hear this you're gonna go, what!? My great Uncle was Henry Bryant Bigelow -- check him out http://www.whoi.edu/page.do?pid=7696 My mom comes from a long line of Harvard-trained doctor-over-over-achievers (looks like that gene was lost on her last born... wish she'd said something, say when I was young an impressionable, but this is your blog, which I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm here, too!

    Did you wave to the President?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet I waved to the President! I was thrilled!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. OF COURSE I READ YOUR BLOG...EVERY AM AND SOMETIMES AGAIN AT NIGHT. A DAY WITHOUT LISA IS A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE. DID MISS THE LAST FEW WHILE WE WERE AT THE BEACH,BUT ALL CAUGHT UP NOW! LOVE THE PICS...LOOKS LIKE A FABULOUS VACATION. XXOO

    ReplyDelete