Monday, August 23, 2010

Boat trip part tres

So, here we were in Martha's Vineyard on day two of our trip. We decided to get lunch at a restaurant - I had delicious gazpacho and a salad with yummy grilled shrimp. It was delish!

Before we left, I realized that some of the things that I wear actually were born on the Vineyard! There are these clothes that are very popular in MA called "Vineyard Vines" - they are super preppy, but cute, so ordered online three shirts and my favorite pair of flip flops from them!

Here:


I love the cute whale logo! It's funny, when I was a whale research person, I didn't like anything with whales on it, even though everyone and their brother would buy me whale-related gifts. Now? Very fond of the whale-related thingies! Aren't those flip flops so cute?

While we were at the dock, I, of course, was looking for critters in the water. This is what I do. I love to discover unusual things in the ocean, which is not difficult to do since the ocean has SO many cool things living in it! There were jellyfish EVERYWHERE at this dock:

They were about the size of a large sand dollar. Some of them were popping up right through the surface! They were fascinating to watch!

Here's boaty at the dock during the day:
Pretty, no?

And that evening, we were treated to a spectacular sunset. It had been cloudy and overcast most of the day, but MAN, what a gorgeous sunset:




I love that last picture.

And the grand finale? A rainbow!You know what they say, red sky at night, sailor's delight! And it was the truth. We awoke the next morning to the most perfect, perfect day...

More to come tomorrow! Hasta manana!

1 comment: