Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's a Jungle in here!

Well, it WAS a jungle for a while in here! I have been taking care of seventy-leven plants that finally made it over to their final destination on Monday of this week! I have been buying plants here, there and everywhere for this new client of mine. She hired me to put plants in literally every room of her house. Some rooms have three or four or more plants in them, so it has been quite a task finding just the right plants to go in the various spaces she has. Some rooms are sunny, some are very dark and some are in between! So, lots to consider when choosing the proper plants for those locations!

I ended up with some really pretty, really interesting varieties! Favorites were the pygmy date palms and these neat plants that are in the ficus family - ficus variegans I think they are called:Their leaves are very papery and light. New leaves are not variegted; I'm assuming they become variegated over time! Interesting!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE this cool braided money tree that I got from a special source:Isn't that so neat? So unusual!

And here is the jungle on the table off the kitchen!That's alotta plants!

And here are these nice tall plants I found for her dining room called canela:The leaves are like giant ficus tree leaves. (Nice laundry and recycling crap!!)

In food-growing news, my eggplant is getting larger and it has the cutest blooms EVER!


I LOVE those blooms! They are so happy!

The tomato plant is still just grow grow growing...Millions of green tomatoes on there right now - just need some good sun to ripen them and I'll have quite the crop! We've had rain for days and days now, so everything got a good, hard soak, as needed!

Ok. That's all I gots for today. Happy almost weekend!

1 comment: