Another rainy, cool day here in New England. I swear! This spring has just been the PITS! We've had a few nice days where it actually felt like spring, but for the most part? It's just been cold and really not so nice. Last year was just so dreamy and nice and WARM. This year is just ACK.
So, today, first and foremost, P is for PHOOOEY on this icky weather!
And since it's cold and rainy out there I'm not going to go out and photograph the little nub that is going to be a peony! I planted a bunch of peonies last year, and it looks like only one made it, unfortunately. So, I guess I'll just have to go out and buy me some more!
Here are some of the peony pictures from a previous period (nice alliteration there, no?!!):

See all of those plants there? The bleeding hearts, the pulmonaria (there's another p for you!) and the peonies? They all died. Every last one of them. Phooey AGAIN!


These peonies and other plants were for a client's yard.
P is also for Phlox!

This is the tall phlox that I have. I inherited some from my husband's stepmother who is an AMAZING gardener and has the most lovely perennial garden.
I also like the creeping phlox, but the blooms are just so short-lived.
P is also for petunias!

This is a cute arrangement I did a few years back for a client. She loved it so much, she makes me replicate it each year!!
And, last for today, P is for Poppies!

I have done orange ones each year except this year...We have one yellow one out front right now. I'm crazy for yellow this year, it seems!
P is also for paint. Which is what I'm about to do! I need to finish a fairly small project that was interrupted by my bouts with vertigo, so we'll see how that goes today!
Hope you are having a lovely week!
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment