Monday, April 18, 2011

O Boy!

I decidedly do not have anything "O" related in my garden right now. I don't even have anything orange going on this year! A few years back I couldn't get enough of the combination of orange and purple flowers together. Every conceivable place I could put them, I had orange and purple flower arranged - in the back yard, side yards, flower boxes, planters - they were literally everywhere! I get a bit nuts sometimes, what can I tell you?!!

So, for today, I guess I will revisit some of my favorite arrangements from the year I mentioned, above, and also will add some photos of other things I have had in the garden and then also some from Spain. The flowers in Spain were ABSOLUTELY stunning and there was one in particular that starts with the letter "O" that was in its full glory when we were there last June.

O is for ORANGE!

Here are the orange Icelandic poppies that I put in nearly each spring. They are stunning up close:
Isn't that a pretty picture?

Orange and purple violas. So cheerful!

And orange tiger lilies that a friend gave me. She gave me the tiniest clump and they have spread spread spread like wildfire! I do love them, though!

Here were the flower boxes from that orange and purple summer:
In the center between all the grasses are osteospermum. They are a wonderful, long-lasting flower that I will use again and again. I also had orange million bells in there, purple angelonia, purple brachyscome, mini-licorice, ponytail grass and papyrus. They were pretty spectacular if I do say so myself!!

One of the garden beds by our driveway door: This was also pretty spectacular with the orange osteospermum, orange/yellow lantana, purple brachyscome and angelonia, ice plants, perennial grass and I can't remember what those tall guys were in the back there...

Now, moving on to Spain! O is for Oleander!! It was everywhere and it was just gorgeous!!



So beautiful, no?

And, for no reason whatsoever, I'm including this photo from Spain:
It's a jacaronda tree and they were just sooooo cool!!

Well, that's all for today, my friends! Hope you are enjoying your alphabetical tour of plants! On to P for tomorrow (that's an easy one!)...

Have a great Monday!

1 comment: