I'm going to try not to be so ranty and provide a more balanced look at subjects in the coming year (an early resolution).
Of course, the other side of immigration is over-population and the troubles that arise from it - lack of infrastructure, non-insured overwhelming the health care system, not enough books for some schools in areas inundated by children of illegal immigrants, and the list goes on.
Rarely is there an issue that is completely black and white. However, we cannot just solve these issues by ignoring them (i.e. Congress sitting on a bill for over a year) or creating a one-size-fits-all solution to a very complex problem (i.e. the executive action).
The real basis for the bigger problems in the US (I believe) is the refusal of our Congress to work with a Democratic president. The lame-duck approach to government is an affront to ducks. At least ducks seem to get along and get their shit done in a timely matter.
Is there a way to refuse to pay these fools for a job not done? If we all behaved as they did, we'd lose our jobs. We certainly wouldn't get paid and we wouldn't get our pensions and insurance paid for the rest of our days. I certainly don't have all the solutions, but I can identify that unless Congress gets a bit of a fire under their collective asses, we have two more years of this ridiculousness to come.
Ok. I'm done with that (for the moment).
In other world news, my husband is doing MUCH better with his shoulder and biceps. He's able to dress himself and even wash his own hair!! Score for me!
My Dad's wonderful wife just has surgery this morning. Spinal fusion and a laminectomy. Ouch. I spoke with her in the recovery room, and she's in a lot of pain, but doing okay...good thoughts her way are appreciated.
And lastly, my beautiful friend Bob, who lost his partner Marcel to liver cancer last summer - well, his Dad just died on Friday. Again, any good thoughts or prayers you've got laying around waiting on a good cause - well this is a good one. Bob is no less than an angel on earth. One of the most wonderful people I've ever had the pleasure to know. In fact, his whole family sort of adopted me after my divorce - warmly, welcomingly and kindly. They deserve only the best. Much love to them.
Now for something completely different!
I just saw a TED talk this morning about a singer from Australia who struggles with a speech impediment in her daily life. She's a great speaker and makes the case about not judging people. I love these TED talks. Really uplifting. I often get them via a great site called Upworthy - they collect all manner of stories from around the internet that will make you feel better about humans (and sometimes other animals!)...This TED talk is worth the 13 minutes. Click HERE to see it.
Now, to round out the day, a few sillies that have tickled me recently...
![]() |
| My two dogs? Their names are commonly, "Stopitstopitstopit!" and "Heyheyheyheyheeeeyyyy!" |
![]() |
| I adore John Oliver. I would love to be stuck in a room with John Oliver, Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart! How much fun would THAT be? |
![]() |
| World's best photo-bomb EVER!!! |
Thanks for reading! Ciao for now.






No comments:
Post a Comment