Yeesh.
Anyway, my friend over there at Bye Bye, Pie raises a good point.
What's up with all the "meaningful-ness" every minute of the day here now?
I'm soooo tired of people trying to be meaningful.
Sometimes a good cry is just that. Gets it out of my system.
Sometimes when I write about something painful, it's just that. Writing about it to get it out of my head for a minute. I don't need flowers or a hug or your meaningful phone call.
Just let me be sometimes.
I do my homework.
Whatever. It's just what I enjoy, so shut up.
I'm not looking to brag. I'm just telling you I know my shit.
So, I sent this picture to this person and she turns around and texts me these big LONG ridiculous texts telling me that my bird ID is wrong. Well, I never SAID it was that kind of bird. I was TELLING you that the mixed flock had arrived and that they were in my treetops RIGHT NEXT to my bedroom window. I didn't SAY it was THAT particular kind of bird, I was simply TELLING you that they were here. (And, by the way, they're here in my yard again today, but guess what douchebag? You're not invited to see them now.)
Hunh.
Some people, right?
So she gets all bitchy and up in my bidness because I didn't expressly tell her NOT to give me her opinion.
Well, when someone DOESN'T ask for your opinion, that implies that it is not being asked of you.
Am I missing something here?
Good heavens to Betsy.
So, when someone sends you a picture of a beautiful bird and tells you that there are also OTHER birds that are RARE in this flock, perhaps you can just text back and say, "WOW! Thanks for letting me know!"
I've been at this for a long long time. Just because I look young does not discount my 30+ years of experience in the field.
Don't assume that you know more than I do just because you're old and wrinkled and dried up. And you don't know ANYTHING about the subject, amateur.
This person came by last week and we talked about the birds and my sanctuary-ish yard for about 1/2 an hour. When she first pulled up in her car, she saw me outside getting the mail. And I saw the look on her face. She was one of those reverse-sexist people.
This is what I saw when she was sizing me up:
"Well, you're blonde. You've got blue eyes. Your house is beautiful. You've got a cute little dog. And a nice husband. So, you're obviously not a person with a BRAIN who could possibly know what the hell you're talking about."
So, Icky Person, this is what I have to say:
I've got a life list like you'd dream about.
169 birds in the East
(plus about 70 more in the Caribbean, California and Texas,
but we don't have to talk about that)
and 155 and COUNTING so far here in Alaska.
I'm almost at the 500 mark for life birds.
How many have you've seen? Oh.
Not close to 500 confirmed? Sorry 'bout that.
NOT.
Lately I feel like society has reverted into some sort of ugly version of itself from about 50 years ago.
Men don't respect me and women underestimate me. ALL. THE. TIME.
Alaska needs to get a life, get some education and get the f*ck into the 21st Century with the rest of the world.
Yeah yeah yeah, "Last Frontier." More like last in line at the "Free! Manners are FREE!!" giveaway.
Grow up.
And just make ANY effort to BE NICE!
Yeesh.
Ciao for now. I'm gonna go look a the gorgeous flock of Bohemian and Asian Waxwings that love my beautiful yard that I PLANTED to attract birds, butterflies and bees. TWEET!



No comments:
Post a Comment