So much has happened in the last 48 hours, it's making my head spin.
My friend who was moving out tomorrow is now moving back IN!! : ) I am not at all surprised. Three years is a long time to just throw away. However, someone's gotta do his part in making things work. I think the therapy thingy is a great idea. Total support being thrown your way, sister friend.
She makes is other people's business about what she's up to because she CHOOSES to blog about it. However, that does NOT give utter strangers the right to make judgements about what she wants to do or not. She happens to be my best friend of 46 years. I do have opinions about things, but it mostly stems from my overwhelming desire to protect her.
When we were kids she was a scrawny little thing (she still is rather petite which pisses me off because she's over there eating lasagna and Sonic burgers and I'm over here with my lettuce and one tablespoon of dressing!!). I have not once been scrawny until I was an anorexic, running addict in college. That was the ONLY time I was told I was "too" thin.
It sent a thrill through me whenever someone commented on how skinny I was. It was positive reinforcement for a very terrible secret I was carrying.
The secret was that I was an exercise-bulemic person. It wasn't a thing back then, so I was labeled as anorexic, but I didn't mind the label at all. I felt like it was a badge of honor or something stupid like that.
So back to my friend.
I am an athletic gal with lots of muscle mass - so I felt and STILL feel compelled to protect my bestie over there. She's a flibbitygibbit and neurotic and hypochondriacal and all the things I'm not! We are polar opposites but have always sort of shared a brain. Same sense of humor, same oddball taste in men, same love of the word and all things associated with bathroom humor (much to my Mom's dismay).
We even look similar and when we were kids we were IMPOSSIBLE to be friends with. We judged everyone VERY harshly and both talk a mile a minute. It's really hard for others to keep up!
We try harder now to be more forgiving of others, but it can be difficult - particularly when you date or marry one of our old flames! Majorly judgmental then! Gotta be expected, right? Hee!
I had to call her a while back when I was in traffic in Massachusetts. I had to pull over from the giggle fits I was experiencing as I was calling her at work.
She whispered "Hi! What?"
I said, "I'm in traffic. Big moving truck next to me!"
And she said, "What is it?"
And trying not to laugh just hearing her voice is impossible!
She always makes me giggle even when it's sad news.
And we giggled and snorted for about five minutes and then she whispered, "I gotta go. Boss coming. Have a meeting. BYE!"
And I whispered "Ok. Bye!"
That's the majority of our exchanges.
That was my email to her recently.
And I got back "I WANT BAYBEE MOWSE!"
And we giggle from our opposite coastal locations and continue being ridiculous 46 years into this friendship!
So, sometimes when you see cryptic postings on Facebook, most times it's meant for her. To let her know I'm okay and what's been happening to me over here in GODFORSAKEN Alaska!!
My puppy dog, baybee mowses, voles, mooses, bears, the baby squirrel who lives in my garden shed, the pretty songbirds in my yard that swooped in at sunrise today and are twittering in the plum tree and spruces in my back yard! So beautiful. Bohemian and Asian waxwings, chickadees, nuthatches, magpies, some sorta sparrows, hundreds of birds here right now!
Between my garden and the critters, I'm completely happy. I don't need human interaction even on a daily basis. And my bestie over there is the same way.
I have such issues LIVING with a person. Ugh. Living with people is terribly hard, if you ask me. I'm much better off left to my own devices about 99% of the time.
When I feel like being social, well, WATCH OUT!! I'm crazy social until I get totally burned out, and then I make my big retreat into my home, my yard, my writing, reading or even watching my favorite comedians online or the many DVDs I've got upstairs.
Which, natch, brings me to Russell Brand's new video about humanity and what it means to have good intentions and good will toward your fellow human.
I'm just gonna throw it out there because I used to watch those terrible, addicting shows about people behaving badly. All the Real Housewives bullshit on Bravo & the rag shows like TMZ or others.
They truly are bad for you and bad for everyone involved. It's a money making machine for rich people and it preys upon our morbid curiosity for how the "pretty people" really live. Well, let it come as no surprise, these shows are scripted and have story lines that the "actors" pitch to the producers. I know people in Beverly Hills who are real friends of the Vanderpumps and the Kyles and the rest of them.
Those rotten shows are simply a way for the rich to get richer and the rest of us to get dumber and be fed the KoolAid by the Koch Brothers and the rest of those assholes.
So, stop. Just stop it. Be smart. Get smarter. Take a class, read a book, wonder at the natural beauty that surrounds you each day whether it's a whale or a little tiny mouse or even an amazing insect like the Luna Moth I found the day before I left for Alaska! I had the whole restaurant marveling at this gorgeous creature, in total wonderment at what is sometimes right under your feet.
Here's the video by Russell Brand...I am his #1 fan right now.
Ciao for now!
Commence the niceness. Thank you!



No comments:
Post a Comment