Tuesday, April 28, 2015

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program...


In the Chugach State Park in the Campbell Tract. 

Crystals that form when the snow evaporates and then refreezes. 


October in New England at my favorite Orchard and farm.
My friends, the chickens. Hilarious girls!
I have no idea what the hell is going on in the world right now.

Planets must be aligning or something as nearly everyone I know has major turmoil going on.

Family members in and out of the ICU, losing jobs, people behaving badly.

Really just loads of strife.

Surely has been a ration of absolutely crazy grossness happening all around these parts.

I, for one? Am tired of it. I'm ready for some smooth sailing again.

As many of you know, I went through a VERY rough patch in life about three years ago. Took me a LONG time, lots of money and lots of therapy sessions to get my head back on even close to straight.

Luckily, despite all of the crap that has been happening in the recent months, I'm totally fine. I might shed some tears and I might get angst-y at times, but for the most part? I'm really quite okay.

Big revelation to know that whatever is thrown at you, pretty much? Meh. Whatever. It can be dealt with. Just take it one thing at a time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT having much fun with all the monetary turmoil and lack of income and waiting on the IRS to issue me my refund (yeesh) - however, as a wise friend once told me:

"If you can throw money at a problem to make it go away? You're in really good shape!"

And that's the truth. Money can be made. It can be gotten. Real problems and REAL sadness happens upon the death or illness of a loved one. Or when your loved one doesn't love you anymore.

THOSE are real issues.

Jobs come and go, friends sometimes come and go, houses come and go, money, cars, material stuff - all comes and goes.

What really matters?

Like we've all heard when someone is on their deathbed, they do not regret that they didn't spend more time in the office or at their job. They regret that they didn't take part in the every day joy of being with a loved one or friend. Spending time with the dog playing fetch. Playing baseball with their kids. Going for a midnight swim with their spouse.

Those moments that you look back upon and remember fondly? They certainly don't involve a stack of paperwork at your job.

So, as I'm going through the crap of daily life, I really really really do make the effort to take the time to smell the roses. And marvel at the little butterfly that landed on my Chinese poppies on Saturday. And take in lovely lavender color of the crocuses in my neighbor's yard.

The birds that are nesting in my yard bring me so much happiness! I know most people think I'm whacko because most days I take an hour or two just to go birdwatching and keeping track of the progress of the plants as spring warms us up.

I was just outside putting a letter in my mailbox, red flag up for the postman. (Who is delightful, by the way and also a transplant from MA!)

There are about a million little sprouts of lichens in the yard, wild snapdragons, Jacob's ladder, LOADs of life! Green sprouts of grass, red peony leaves and my beautiful bleeding hearts are bursting forth.

There's also a weird mystery plant that has found its way right next to the front door. Can't wait to see what the heck it turns into! It may be a cyclamen that seeded itself - I grow them inside in the upstairs bathroom and when the blooms or leaves are spent, I throw them out the window to adorn the walkway (even spent flowers are pretty to me).

Annnyway, I read a big article about the protests in Baltimore and all that's happening there.

Gives a person some perspective. I'm not gonna worry about a lost job or a few hundred dollars that someone stole from me. How lucky that I had the money to steal to begin with, right?

So, straighten up, fellow humans. Let's do this thing together. Let's help each other out. We are, after all, floating around a huge star on a planet that is mostly water and getting waterier every day.

I suggest we all learn to swim. Reeeaaaalllly well!

Yikes.

Take care of yourself and go forth and be nice to a stranger today. Make someone's day brighter.

Ciao for now and thank you for reading.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment