And on it goes.I think a big part of what is wrong with the relationships we try to foster - especially those between men and women, is that there is a gigantic lack of respect for women that exists so fully that it is shocking.When we are reduced to a couple of boobs and a vagina or a nice "ass" or a pretty face? You're missing a whole lot of what makes a woman a person.The objectification of women is pervasive to this very moment. It's part of what is wrong in a certain relationship right now. I'm hardly respected at all. Hardly. It's pretty much a given that I'm gonna contribute to the household in tangible ways and that I'm the one who makes this house a home.I bring an emotional existence and intention to the house, the garden, my cooking, my decorating...It's just a given. Not appreciated, not respected but instead, expected.When we raise little boys in the environment of "the men watch the game on TV while the 'little woman' is in the kitchen cooking and cleaning and doing the laundry..."?Well, I say F*ck that sh*t.Again. Going on strike. I'll still clean as much as I need to feel the house clean and I'll cook for myself and may make a little extra from time to time.All those other things that you've come to expect? I just can't. It makes me too sad. And I don't want to disrespect myself in those ways any more.And frankly, you don't deserve it if you cannot even tell me you love me.Still floored. Still amazed at the way you can just sit there and not care.Just wow.And to make matters worse? It's this - the world is filled with men just like you. JUST like you.You just DON'T GET IT.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
UN Equality Campaign and being a Woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment