This is a draft post from May 26th. Never published it. Here it is.
Such a different place I'm in now. Literally and physically. Amazing. Weird. Life if totally weird.
Here's my perspective on May 26 of 2015:
So, living here in Alaska is a study in extremes. Dark dark dark, then it gets light light light. Green green green followed by white white white.
It's never sort of just "normal" but instead it's always screaming in one direction or the other.
I do know that I cannot handle another winter here. It's waaaaaay to much with the lack of color and lack of light.
Right now it's light pretty much all the time. It gets dark-ish in the wee hours of the morning, but then the light comes rushing back in very quickly. We have 18 hours and 20 minutes of sunlight and that doesn't include twilight and pre-sunrise in the morning.
It's a lot of light and it's frankly too MUCH light. It screws with normal circadian rhythms.
Last night, for instance, I worked and worked in my neighbor's house painting her kitchen. My hands, mind you, are arthritic, sot this is no small feat to paint for hours on end. By the time I finished going up and down a ladder 850 times and rolling and then painting trim and edging, I was pooped.
Met up with some friends for a continuation of my birthday week (!!) and then got home, made dinner and plopped down to watch some TV with my husband.
Well, I fell fast asleep half way through the episode of Mad Men we were watching. Went up to bed and awoke at 9:00.
It was so damn light out that I thought it was 9 in the AM not 9 in the PM!! I was soooo confused.
Luckily my husband was awake and was able to inform me that it was not morning yet.
???
That's just weird. To not be able to tell the difference between 9AM and 9PM? Weird.
And, NO. I was not drunk! Just exhausted from the gardening, the painting and cleaning this house to within an inch of its life!
We are renting the house out as a Bed and Breakfast on the Airbnb website. We've gotten a ton of attention and have 5 bookings thus far. In the meantime, the house needs to be decluttered and pretty much perfect, so I've done nothing for the last couple weeks but clean, garden and paint. Clean, garden and paint.
And now? I've been offered another job here in town! I'm so excited I can't stand it, but I will not jinx it until my meeting with the EDITOR on Thursday! So, there's that! (SOOOO EXCITED!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment