![]() |
| I miss Beebles. A lot. My sweet little girl. |
On top of all the regularly schedule crap that's been going on in my life, I'm still having the visits from Aunt Flo.
I always know when she's about to arrive because my patience level drops to a negative eleven-teen and I start cleaning anything that will not move. I cannot STAND clutter and my poor new housemate has been working full time, is in school and still has boxes in the kitchen area that are driving me TOTALLY berzerk.
Boxes on my pretty rug in the pretty nook. All sorts of food and papers (that are decidedly un-tidy looking) and they are right there just mocking me every time I go into the living room or kitchen.
Yeesh.
I never realized how OCD I am until I've lived with others again. I was gleefully by myself a couple winters ago for much of the time. My Auntie and Uncle have a beautiful home situated on lovely Lake Hartwell just over the border of GA and SC.
![]() |
| This is Sandy from underneath! He was on the glass coffee table and his feets cracked me up! |
| My little tree that made it two months in a container to get all the way to Alaska. I left it behind. He seemed so happy living there next to the big spruce... |
Otherwise? The perfect housemate.
Now, on the other hand he wasn't much of a conversationalist and he liked sleeping on my head, which can be tricky, but otherwise I'd take Sandy over almost any person, any old time.
Which also would be tricky, because beloved Sandy has passed on to the next realm. Boy, I loved that kitty.
So, since that lovely winter of content, I've packed up, moved across country, got married, moved my shit into the old log cabin, nursed him through his triple surgery, took care of the house, dog, cooking, laundry, opened up my businesses, found jobs as a writer and copy editor and pet-sitter, and operator of a Bed and Breakfast on Airbnb.com, then sued Mr. Sunshine for divorce (still in process, as you all know), he kicked me out of my own house, so I packed up again, moved again and now here I am typing this in my new place.
Of course, there are a lot of things that happened in between and sideways and it's basically been a giant clusterf*ck since I met Mr. Sunshine, but here I remain.
I'm still positive, still smart, still working, still breathing, still smiling most of the time.
Except today? I kinda feel bummed out.
Labor Day weekend always kind of bums me out. I sort of feel like a fish out of water during these holidays. The long weekend looms in front of me.
No one has invited me to do anything.
Luckily my cousin and his lovely wife are here tomorrow evening, but then they fly out on Sunday morning.
I was supposed to go see one of my most favorite comedians tonight at the fair (Jim Gaffigan), but the person who was supposed to go with me backed out. And I paid for her ticket and she was supposed to reimburse me? So now I'm out the $40 and I don't have anyone to go with.
Totally bummy.
Plus, also? It's raining and cold. Not exactly the cheeriest weather for sitting outside listening to a comedian...
Totally bummed out.
So I'm trying to sell the tickets on Craig's List and Facebook.
SO BUMMY.
Oh, and I have a sinus headache that is utterly delightful. The weather really makes or breaks me sometimes. Plus the hormones.
It's fun being a woman sometimes. I actually do love it 90% of the time, but I could do without the hormonal swings EACH effing month and the ensuing grossness. I've been at this for 40 years now.
Yeesh.
Well, I've got to get my proverbial shit together and then I have to attend a class at the courthouse on Family Law since I'm representing myself in court for the divorce. (It's free and it's required by the State.)
So, I'm gonna strap my brain on and go learn some stuff.
Happy long weekend to the rest of the world.
Ciao for now and thanks for reading.
xoxo





(((hugs)))
ReplyDelete