The background on this is actually pretty funny, as it was during a poker game that my husband jokingly informed Mr. X that he would be the one that performed the ceremony! Well, Mr. X thought this was a pretty amusing prospect, and they continued to joke about it...Then, when Mr. X got home and told the soon-to-be Mrs. X what my husband had said, she said, "Yes! Absolutely! I want him to be our officiant!"
So, that's how my husband became the person to perform the ceremony for Mr. and Mrs. X!
It was a lovely, small event with just the parents of the bride and groom, my husband and me! The bride and groom also asked if I'd do their flowers, so I readily agreed! This was the second of three weddings for whom I've done flowers. This was an easy one, as it was just a simple bouquet for the bride and a boutonniere for the groom.
The bride requested pale pink tulips - something that was cheerful and springy looking. My favorite combinations, so this is what I came up with! (Just so you know, you can click on any image on this blog to see a much larger version of said image!)
Here is a photo showing the pretty bottom of the bouquet all wrapped in off-white ribbon. I secured the ribbon at the top with three pearl-top corsage pins. It was really nice looking, if I do say so myself!
Here's the boutonierre. The groom is sort of a no-nonsense guy, so I wanted to do something simple, but matching.
They were really happy with the flowers and even happier with the nice ceremony my husband performed!
Fast forward one year later? We had an anniversary dinner last night with Mr. and Mrs. X in their brand new house AND she's 8 1/2 months pregnant! So much can happen in a year! Mr. X is a great cook and made us a lovely dinner of Cornish game hens, roasted brussel sprouts, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, twice-baked potatoes & bread (which we sadly could not eat!). It was a lovely evening.
Tonight are the Golden Globe awards - love the award shows, so I will be reporting back tomorrow with my impressions of the winners, losers and of course, the dresses!
Have a good Sunday, all!



No comments:
Post a Comment