Yesterday did the whole giving-of-blood for my physical blood workup. Drove all over God's green Earth for different things, most notably, took the dogs to the beach in a neighboring town which was fun!
Today had lunch with a friend, then went to the optometrist or is it the opthamologist? What's the difference again? I dunno. Anywho, I got fitted with contact lenses for the first time ever. Boy, do they feel strange! I got them at my husband's request, as he says I look older with my glasses on. I don't know. I just know they feel very odd.
Instead of blogging about anything else health-related, let's look at some flowers, shall we? This is such a tough time of year for me - no planting, no digging, no getting my hands dirty. I miss gardening terribly at this time of year. I don't miss weeding, however. I do not like weeding one little bit.
These are the flower boxes I did for our house in 2008. This is what I came up with after the romaine lettuce was done lettuce-ing in the spring of 2008. I don't know what came over me this particular year, but I could not get enough purple and orange! I planted orange and purple EVERYTHING I could get my hands on! I have no idea why!
These were very pretty, I think. I love the papyrus and the pony-tail grass. Also in there are the mini-licorice plants that I'm so crazy about, angelonia, brachysciome, osteospermum, asparagus fern, euphorbia and million bells. I really like to pack the plants in there for a full look!
This is one of the garden beds by our back door.
These had all the same plants, with the addition of icicle plants (related to dusty miller, which I do not like!) and lantana. My mom, who lives in Florida, has a lantana plant in her yard that is a perennial, and has grown up well over 6 feet! SO cool! We can only use it as an annual here in Massachusetts.
Well, it's 4:30pm here and the sun is getting ready to set (ugh!), so I'm off to walk the doggies.
Happy Thursday, all!



No comments:
Post a Comment