Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes, in more way than one.

Did you get a load of Mariah Carey's dress? Gave a whole new meaning to Golden Globes! Good heavens, woman. Put those things away! Maybe 10 years ago you could have gotten away with that dress, but PLEASE! Spare us! We do NOT need to see your ta-tas. Not a good look for the almost-40-something woman!

I watched the awards show with my Mother-in-Law, which, most of you would probably think, "Ohhh, that's too bad!" But, really? She and I have a great time together! I really love her AND we both LOVE the awards shows and have pretty much the same taste in high fashion, so we generally agree on the thumbs-up or thumbs-down on the whole dress thing, which makes it fun!

Obviously we are no experts, but decided that our favorite fashions of the evening were worn by:
Sofia Vergara (gorgeous),


Jennifer Garner, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Winslet and Toni Collette.
Honorable mentions were Julie Bowen, Glenn Close, Marion Cotillard, Helen Mirren, Penelope Cruz (who could wear a paper bag and look glamorous!) Mo'nique, Emily Blunt and Sandra Bullock. I was not thrilled with Ms. Bullock's dress, but the MIL loved it, so it deserves a mention!


In the "What were they thinking?" category were: Maggie Gyllenhaal (too bad they couldn't afford bigger pieces of fabric), Nicole Kidman (would you PLEASE go out in the sun for like 5 minutes?), Mariah Carey (see above), Drew Barrymore (what were those little animals that crawled onto her shoulder and hip and died?).

Juliana Marguiles (great actress, bad dress), Chloe Sevigny (I think the guy that stepped on the dress and ripped it did you a favor), Anna Paquin (ugh), Tina Fey (square-dancing, anyone?), Julianne Moore (can you say Gunny Sack?), Sigourney Weaver, Julia Roberts (really? Is that what you came up with for a fancy awards show?), and Felicity Huffman (love you, girl, but the fancy seat-belt dress is not a good look!).

And finally? The dress that wore Kate Hudson. She looked like she was wearing a wedding cake. Does she qualify for that funny blog, Cake Wrecks?

1 comment:

  1. Now, see, I liked Juliana's dress. And Cher looked like a goth St. Pauli Girl.

    ReplyDelete