Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cut flowers revisited

After a couple of tangents on our dogs and then the Golden Globes, let's get back to fleurs, shall we?

A couple of nights ago we had dinner with some friends for their anniversary. They also invited another couple that we really like, who I will call Norm and Flo. Of course, these are not their real names...I will not be using anyone's real name on this here blog!

Annnnyway, Flo is the one who hired me to do her flowers for Thanksgiving in 2008 and 2009. She also hired me to do flowers for the baby shower she hosted a while back...

Well, I finally found the pictures from the arrangement I did for her for Thanksgiving 2008! I know you're excited! Ha!

Norm and Flo's house is a Victorian style from the mid 1800s, I believe. Great colors - their dining room is a reddish/maroon color, so this arrangement looked really beautiful in the room.


I also did up two smaller arrangements for each end of the dining room table:


She also hired me to do a smaller arrangement for their living room table:


Coming up soon I promise to do another cut flower arrangement, and per my mother's request, I will try to take photos every single step along the way. I get so caught up in doing the flowers, that I forget to take photos most times!

On an entirely different subject, I'm already nervous about tomorrow morning...I have to drive up the to lab where my doctor's office is and give blood. Not for anything noble, unfortunately! I am giving blood so that my doctor can determine my fasting blood work as part of my physical next week. EEEEEEEK! I have not had a physical in many, many a year, and as I am approaching the mid-40 number, this is now a scary proposition! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Have your doctor check your Vitamin D! You know I am obsessed with it ever since I got mine checked and practically had none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you'll be just fine, honey. Mid-forties is the new, lower 30's, ya know!?!

    And the fluers are quite loverly!

    ReplyDelete