I do not understand the early-rising thing. Never have. I've seen me a few sunrises. And I always feel like "Meh. Let's go back to bed now." Sunsets are just as pretty, really. Right?
I have a couple of friends who are really into the getting up early, but then by about 8:30pm, they're all yawny and thinking about going to bed already! That's prime time, baby! I'm just getting my groove on at 8:30pm!
I've always been a night owl. Even as a kid I never, ever, EVER wanted to go to bed before midnight. I would be SO excited on Friday nights when I could stay up and watch Johnny Carson with my mom. MAN, did I love that show. And also The Midnight Special. Not only was it on late, but it was music! Growing up, there was nothing better than The Bee Gees or their little brother Andy Gibb. Man, the hours and hours I would spend just spinning those records so that I could memorize every single word and melody!
One of the very best presents EVER on Christmas morning was when my parents bought a VCR for our television, which, at the time was VERY high-tech! And then they presented me with the finest gift in the entire world...A VHS of a Bee Gees concert.
OH. MY. GOD!
I was seriously delirious with happiness at the idea that I would be able to watch that ideally every minute of every day!
Which brings me back to today. It's raining. Hard. And I'm sleepy. And it's Sunday. I got nothing to tell you except that we had friends over last night, one of whom brought over lovely blueberry tarts for dessert. Well, she had one or seven too-many glasses of wine and she spilled blueberries and blueberry sauce all over the floor of our kitchen and now I have purple spots on our pretty wood floor. Oy.

Guess I should go back to bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment