Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

OK. Seriously? This weather is to DIE for! It got up to 66 degrees here today, the birds are going crazy with their chirping, the sky was a luscious blue and there was not a breath of wind, so it felt even warmer! MAN, do I love springtime. My husband, however, thinks we'll have one more snowstorm before it gets really nice out. I hope hope hope he's wrong because we've been gypped out of spring for like 4 years in a row now. GYPPED, I tell ya! It was gross and rainy and cold all the way through June last year. The most dismal spring EVER. Then, suddenly it was 95 degrees with 99% humidity and you just couldn't even breathe with all that hotness. Let's have some proper seasons this year, shall we Mother Nature? Pretty please? (Like Mother Nature has time to read blogs!)

Annnnnnnnyway, I planted violas in several planters today. I have 5 in the back yard and 4 by our back door now filled with their adorable little happy faces. Here are a few:


Ordinarily, I would not have dirt exposed like you see in the two shots there of the large terra cotta pot, but those also have the lily-of-the-valley bulbs or pips or whatevers in there. You might notice, too, if you click on that middle picture to enlarge it, that there is curly willow in there that is sprouting leaves! I hope the leaves really come out over time! I think that would look really great!

I also plunked some of those curly willow branches in the little flower beds I made next to our back door. I have some perennial grasses in there that look really funny right now after I cut off the leaves from last year. They have little flat-top hairdos now!
I'll take some photos of the pots I did in the back yard soon.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment