Friday, June 18, 2010

La Bobadilla Nature Walk

I have no time to spend on this here bloggy today. I have two maintenance jobs to do on two big gardens today and then have to go play on boaty with the hubby! I will take pictures of boaty later, but suffice it to say, she is a beautiful, classic trawler and we love her dearly!

Today we will be exploring the wild, natural beauty that surrounded the awesome hotel we stayed in, the Hotel Barcelo la Bobadilla in Loja, Spain. The second day we were there, it was sort of chilly and misty; perfect for a walk through the lovely grounds...There were all manner of tree, flowering bushes, wild flowers and beautiful vistas:


I love all of the muted tones of yellow and green and then suddenly, there would be a splash of wild color!





This is oleander. Spain is ROTTEN with oleander! It grew everywhere in colors ranging from pink to white to magenta.Gorgeous!

This is a little turtle pond I discovered! It was tucked away in a weird little spot! No one else in our group saw it except me!


Wild poppies. My husband picked some for me, I have them pressed in a book.

Cute little yellow guys. I'm sure this is a weed, but so cute!


Tomorrow we will conclude our Bobadilla nature walk and then off to the Alhambra in Granada!

Adios, muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment