Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Seville part tres

This is the final installment of Seville...I guess I was a bit of a shutterbug when we were there! Oops!

As I mentioned at the end of the last post, we decided to visit the bull ring in Seville, much as I abhor the "sport" of bull-fighting. C'mon people! In the history of bull-fighting in Seville? Only 3 times has the bull "won" and even then? They kill the bull and OFTEN then kill the mother of the bull...

This is NOT a sport. This is playing with your food in a cruel, public way before you eat it. At least they do eat the entire bull after the whole thing is over. Jeez.

In any case, we went to the ring and then to a small museum that was in there. The guide was a very engaging woman who spoke to us in Spanish and then English. Here I a sitting and listening to the guide (the woman in the red skirt and white top on the right):
I was sweat sweat sweating here as it was well into the 90s and there was nary a breeze in the place!



After the bull ring, we walked to a part of town called Triana where my husband lived when he attended college for a semester in Seville. This is the street where he lived:And this was the small restaurant his host family ran when he lived there:

There are a million of these tiny, little restaurant/bars all over Seville. One never goes hungry or thirsty there! This is where we had drinks at night and coffees in the morning; right across from our hotel:

This was the view from the restaurant where we ate lunch in Triana. There is a large river, The Guadalquivir, that runs through Seville, and we ate right next to the river.Isn't it SO pretty? Everything was in bloom and just looked so amazing. And that tall tower on the right? That's the Alcazar where we had been that morning...

Here were a few other pretties I captured while just randomly walking around! A jacaronda tree (these were everywhere in Seville!):

An array of horses and carriage drivers looking for shade!

And just a random, beautiful park, many of these can be found all over Seville:

Next? We move on to the 5-star hotel where we stayed next...Situated on 1000 private acres; this place was like something you might dream about! The marble lobby, the spa, the restaurants, the pool that accommodates 770 people? It was really something else!

Buenas dias, mes amigos! (I have no idea if that's correct!) : )

1 comment: