We did a LOT in Seville. It's a big city and there's a LOT to see and my husband, as I mentioned, lived there when he was in college. We walked EVERYWHERE...And it was well into the 90s and MAN, were we all exhausted by the end of that first day!
First, we got up and had a lovely breakfast at our hotel, a week ago today. GREAT breakfast with rooms filled with pastries, fruits, yogurts, breads, rolls, eggs, tortillas (spanish omelettes), bacon, juices and fresh water. A feast!
My husband and I also decided to go across the street and get a good cafe con leche here:

This is what a typical bar/restaurant looks like in Spain. They are fond of their hanging meats. Mostly it's ham. They specialize in this stuff, they call it jamon. Ham, and of course, olives (or as they call them acetunas). They are not the same kind of olives we have here with the pimento and the saltiness. The olives over there are TO. DIE. FOR. Beyond delicious. Plump and big and green and full of flavor like no olives you've ever had unless you've been to Andalusia. I ordered some yesterday to surprise my husband! Hope they are good!
Anyway, after a giant dose of caffiene, we set off for the Alcazar...A huge-mongous cathedral in the center of Seville. Here are some of the pictures from the outside before we went in:



We ended up going up up up to the top of that tower! It was a hike!
Here are a few photos from the interior...I took a bunch, but they just didn't turn out; it was too dark inside.

I included this first one to give an idea of scale. The interior of this place was SO enormous. Almost on the scale of the Vatican if you've been there!


These were some of the views from atop the bell tower:

If you click on this first one and zoom in, you'll see the bull ring in there.


More from Seville tomorrow. We visited the bull ring (And, no...There is NO way I would EVER watch a bull fight. They are cruel and horrible. We just went in and learned about the history and why it's such a part of the culture in Spain) and then walked to Triana, the section of Seville where my husband lived.
Hasta manana!
Seville is gorgeous! This is some place I would definitely want to visit. No offense to you, but I have no desire to touch foot in the UK.
ReplyDeleteNow Seville, especially the way you've presented it, is a different story. I can't wait for your post tomorrow!
You said "hanging meats."
ReplyDeleteYou've been quoted!
ReplyDeletehttp://qoddessquotesblogs.blogspot.com/2010/06/quotes-june-20-2010.html