Yesterday the dogs went to the groomer. Again. Like my plants this year? The dogs' hair has been growing at an inordinate rate. Seriously! We had Sadie groomed shortly after we got back from our trip to Spain - early/mid-June. It had only been about 6 weeks and her hair was quite long and thick already! Poor thing; she's just hot hot hot all the time.
So, I told the groomer, cut 'em down!
And she did!


Sadie is practically naked! Koty is the same - but he's hiding...he's mad at me for taking him there yesterday. He's been most unfriendly to me since they got home! Oh, well.
Gigantor, the butterfly bush, is getting so ridiculously out of control, I don't even know what to do! The thing is easily verging on 20 feet now.

That has to be some sort of record, right? And, I just noticed that this photo of the butterfly bush is number "666" on the memory card. Nice. The devil bush is in my back yard.
The tall phlox is also taking its name a bit too seriously this year. It's 5 feet tall and growing!

You also might notice the tomato plant in the front left-ish there. It's just loaded with tomatoes and blooms!
Obedient plant about to bloom:

And last for today, but not least, we have sproutage! The
forget-me-not seeds that I planted just six days ago are already starting to sprout!

Off to take the dogs then clean house and work on the boat. I know! The exciting life I lead! Jealous? hee hee!
No comments:
Post a Comment