By now you have all seen the goodies in my garden over and over. I hope it's not getting repetitive. I'm trying to be creative here, it's just not that easy after a while, you know?
Yesterday, I took photos of the angelonia on the back stoop. I don't know why, but I'm just totally crazy for these plants this year! This is a different variety than the ones in the flower boxes - those have very large faces. These are very small and compact and have jillions of blooms on them. They are really good quality plants!


Just look at the profusion of blooms here! When I planted them, they had a few measly stalks with flowers, now there are SO many! Impressive!
There is a fly in here driving me berzerk. Why do they have to make that godawful sound? Gives me the heebee jeebees.
Anywho, let's take a gander at some more closeups, shall we? Gorgeous phlox:


They smell just as lovely as they look!
Butterfly bush budding:

I've had a flurry of activity on these - many bees and different varieties of butterflies.
Arugula growing nicely:

This is the arugula that reseeded itself in the pot at the base of the curly willow branches I plopped in there this spring. The curly willow continues to grow grow grow, as well! Look how tall this has gotten!

Craziness. I literally bought the curly willow at the grocery store and plunked it in there with violas and lily of the valley. In MARCH!
And, of course, Sadie had to accompany me to the garden to "help" me!

Gotta run - first visit from our social worker today regarding our adoption plans! Wish us luck!
For sure...GOOD LUCK!
ReplyDeleteSo enjoyed the flower pictures.
Love the colors.
Thanks, female!! Most appreciated!
ReplyDelete