Thursday, July 29, 2010

Necklaces and fleurs

My friend June over there at the funniest blog, Bye, Bye Pie!had a photo on her blog yesterday of a pretty ruby and diamond necklace that her Aunt gave her for her birthday:Isn't that so pretty?

Well, the funny thing is that I have the exact SAME NECKLACE with a sapphire instead of a ruby!Isn't that so crazy? What are the chances? And I'm sure you're enjoying our neckal regions. Nice pictures, right?!! hee hee!

When we were kids we dressed alike and had the same everything. Sort of like twins separated at birth except she's a petite little thing and I've always felt like a moose around her. She had those skinny little legs and little, thin body and I? Well, let's call me voluptuous-ish. Robust. Like a good coffee, right?

In more garden-ish news, the obedient plant (that is truly not) has started blooming! Again, on the early side, but they're so cute!Aren't they so happy looking?

The boltonias are doing well in the side yard:LOVE these.

The Endless Summer hydrangeas are still going strongThese are just the best performing plants ever - they literally do bloom all summer and then for the last few years, the last blooms are right around Thanksgiving. Really incredible.

This was an attempt to show you a cute little bumble bee who was enjoying the hibisicus:
There's no bee, but I had to include them to show the intensity of the color on these! They are just amazing to me - and I didn't do a thing to the photos. Sometimes I do enhance things a bit or make things sharper, but these have not been touched up one bit.

And in vegetable news (or are they fruit?) the tomatoes are just doing so well I could bust!I don't know that it's completely normal to feel this happy about a grape tomato plant! There's seriously something wrong with me!!

Ok...Must run. Am off to the grocery store and then meeting up with my mother-in-law to go to the Farmer's Market! I love me a good Farmer's Market! This one is fun - they have entertainment and restaurants giving out samples! It's really fun...

Have a good Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Love that hibiscus.
    A neighbor got one from a son on Mothers Day 2007.
    She passed away in 2008.
    This plant has sat on the floor in front of a window since the day she got it. Her daughter waters it once a week and it has blooms on it all year round. It's that same gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, our neckeldys made your blog! And you were never a moose. For goodness sake.

    ReplyDelete