Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flowers and the aftermath

I don't have anymore good costume pictures to show you yet. Will do so when I get some more.

So, no more costume pictures, but I DO have pictures of the destruction left behind after the party was over. Luckily, my husband thought to take a picture with his Droid before the cleaning people arrived on Sunday morning.

Brace yourselves.

This is about as bad as it gets.

Ready?

It's nasty...

Gird your loins...

Take a deep breath, now scroll down and LOOK!!










Classy, right?

Is that not the most disgusting thing you've seen? And you didn't even get the full effect with the candy and food on the floor, decorations hither and yon, parts of people's costumes strewn about, the sticky, gross floor tracked into the kitchen and bathrooms...And the list goes on and on! SOOOOOOO gross!

In any case the measly amount of money we paid the cleaning people was worth every single nickel. It was SO nice to not have to spend the day cleaning! As it is, I'm just now almost done putting away the decorations and tracking down the owners of plates, and platters and dishes that were left behind!

In flowery news, a woman in town I know randomly ran into me when I was out walking a couple of weeks ago. She was going to call me and ask me to do a flower arrangement for a table for a small party she was hosting yesterday; so that was part of my day yesterday - went to the flower place and found lovely fally fleurs and the cutest little container that looked sort of like crackled glass, but it was a lovely dusty shade of green and had some brown accents on it - looked sort of like a small pumpkin, so it was a great container for this arrangement!

Here are two views:

Very fally, right? And you can sort of see the cute container in that first one - click on the image to enlarge...

I love all the different mums, with the alstromeria, dasies, hypericum, maroon eucalyptus, greens and then the curly willlow and dried lavender for accents. I thought this was mighty pretty, if I do say so myself!

Today, I spent much of the day cleaning up this and that and doing 780 loads of laundry since I didn't do any in the past week and then I walked and walked all over the place! It was a chilly, but lovely fall day here - only about 50 degrees, but it was sun, sun, sunny and just beautiful. So I walked to our polling place and voted. Hope you remembered to VOTE today! And then I walked over to lovely Salem Common and walked around it and then walked over to my husband's office to see if he wanted anything for lunch, as I was headed over to our local Brother's Deli for their delicious soup. I contend that their soup must contain cocaine or something, as I am completely addicted to their Greek chicken-lemon-rice soup, their vegetable soup (to DIE for!) and their lentil soup. All of them are beyond delicious, and perfect for a crisp, fall day!

Now, I will be heading outside to take down the remaining Halloween lights and cobwebs... Packed away for another 11 months!

Hope November is treating you all well!

Let's start thinking about Thanksgiving! YUMMMMM!

Talk at you later!

3 comments:

  1. As long as everyone had FUN and someone else is doing the clean up, I say it looks like a good night was had and you really know how to have FUN. :0)
    That arrangement was beautiful, just like you said so yourself! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was most definitely fun! It was almost surreal how quickly the entire night just flew by. I went to bed about 12:30am and I swear, it was the quickest party - but we started at 7pm, so it was quite a long party! Really a good time, and it was better because I knew I could sleep in and that I didn't have to spend hours and hours cleaning up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, golly what a party!! Sorry we missed it. And the flowers, I was at that small party Monday, and they were so lovely with so many compliments. I kept hearing the hostess say, "...Lisa. Lisa did the amazing flowers."

    ReplyDelete