Saturday, November 6, 2010

Speaking of little natures...

Last night I was in the kitchen cooking my gluten-free pizza crusts, making homemade pizza sauce and topping that with shredded mozzarella, cooked sweet Italian chicken sausage and onion (yuuuuummmmmm!) and what did I see squirming around on the counter?

What?

Can you imagine?

You would never guess in a million years. Well, probably not at least the first few times you guessed...

So, what - pray tell - do you think I saw there on the counter?

I saw this:

A little, bitty, tiny, teensy, wee little inchworm.

An INCHWORM!!

I couldn't put him outside - too cold! He'd die instantly.

So, I took a leaf off one of the cut flowers by the sink, he found it and crawled up onto it and then I put him in the flower arrangement. He then inched his way, or more like quarter-of-an-inched his way up the stem of one of the saponaria stalks! Isn't he so cute?

I can't find him today, but I'm assuming he's still somewhere in the flower arrangement! So, I guess that's what you get when you bring flowers in from the garden. You get passengers!

That's all I gots. Hubby is watching football, we just ate some of the delicious chicken soup I made yesterday and I went on a nice walk to our new organic, local food shop called Milk and Honey. They have the most wonderful selection of yummy foods - I bought amazing looking parmesean breadsticks for my hubby to have with his soup, local milk, local eggs, more quinoa pasta and more gluten-free pizza crusts! They've got good goodies there, my friends!

Despite it being another dreary, gray day, I'm feeling much perkier and am looking forward to dinner out tonight at one of our favorite restaurants, Finz.

Not much else to report...

Hope you are all having a lovely, restful weekend, too!

Later, peeps!

1 comment: