It was a mess this morning, but lucky me - my husband hired this very nice man and woman to clean up the bar, the dining room and the kitchen. They needed professional help, and I'm happy to say that after about 2 hours the house was looking totally fabulous and clean and nice! I worked and worked for two days to make it all pretty and nice and clean, and then within an hour of the party starting - POOF - instant messiness. I just had to go with the flow, knowing that it would all be cleaned up the next morning...
All told we had about 100 people show up; all but 3 or 4 in costume, so that was really great!
Here are the decorations:
Here are just a few costume pictures - I have many more to come, as our neighbor, Marcel, deemed himself the hired "staff photographer!" He was telling everyone we paid him to photograph people, but we didn't! Sure hope he's not expecting money from us!! hee hee!
Here's my husband as "The Situation!"
Here is Marilyn Monroe, 60's Mod-girl, and vampire from Twilight:
Barry Gibb:
And here I am as the infamous Snooki with vampire girl and her Dad who was a zombie. I think. One can't be sure!
Hopefully someone took a good photo of my get-up from head to toe, because I was really something to behold! Even my legs were orange! : )
More to come as my friends and my "staff photographer" send along their photos!
I'm off to walk the dogs and then watch football and hand out treats to the little kiddles!
Happy Halloween, all!



It all looks great.
ReplyDeleteThe costumes, decorations, all of it.
That bar does bring back my memories of those bars around Derby Street when I was a kid.
Looking forward to those professional shots. :0)
You all know how to have fun....
So fun! The costumes are great.
ReplyDelete