| The David. What a beauty Michelangelo created. At the possibility that you will think I'm full of shit (which I clearly am), my husband looks this good. I am a lucky schmoo. |
Watch Matt Damon and Gary talk about their work and the incredible things that happen when women and children have easy access to water...Children get to go to school, study, learn, have hopes and dreams. Women get to work at their jobs, to make money to help better the life they live. Pride happens, smiles happen, community happens. Instead of the women and children (who are the primary water providers for their families) having to walk miles and miles, back breakingly cart home gallons of water, just to SURVIVE, they instead are gifted with time and clean, sanitary water.
So, you there. American idiot. When's the last time you had to walk miles and miles and miles to drink dirty, virus and bacteria filled water?
Oh, never? Right. Never. Ever.
So, let's all get off our collective duffs and start helping our brothers and sisters who suffer. Take that stupid $5 half-caf, double mocha, grande ridiculous hipster stoopid coffee and your $100 designer fucking shirt and matching shoes (gimme a break) and make a donation to the people who need it.
And, same goes for you Republican, corporate greedy jerks. WTF? Why you wanna have all that cash and do nothing good with it except buy another island and another house and another this or another that?
You know, I used to scoff at the idea of tithing. I DO take issue with the riches that many of the large churches accumulate in the name of God or Jesus or whomever your Idol of the day might be.
Why, pray tell, do we not just directly give the $$$ or the water or the aid to the peeps that need it? That's kinda like getting rid of the middle man, isn't it?
And I'm not talking about only the third world countries here. We have many needy right here in the good old US of A. Homeless. Addicted. Mentally ill. Children, men, women, animals, the abused, the elderly, the orphaned...
The list is too long and too depressing. Ugh.
Also, too, when's the last time you read up on another religion other than yours? It's quite useful. And it gives you a perspective on where others are coming from - mentally, spiritually...I love me some Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, and even Islamic beliefs. You can't hate someone until you understand them, right?
That old adage about judge not lest ye be judged, or the other one that you should never judge a book by its cover or even the one where we're told not to judge another until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
Well, let's get on with it, shall we? Don't get me wrong...headway is being made daily! I'm just impatient! I've always been that way...it's in me bones! Hey, don't judge me, dude!! : )
I'm so sorry for being so ranty lately. Alaska and lots of healthy living and good therapy and relief from my depression has made me cranky. Ironic, I know. I don't purport to make sense! I'm just little old me.
Now's the Non-Sequiter Warning time!!! BEEP BEEp Beep!
Pitcher time:
![]() |
| I love this. This was blatantly stolen from my dear friend Bob's facebook post a few days ago! Thanks, Roberto! |
![]() |
| Hee. My friend Karen says "the diabeetus" and "veedeo" and I love her for that! Photo from icanhazcheezburger.com. |
![]() |
| My beautiful friend getting ready for a night on the town a few nights ago. She's a keeper, that one and so lovely, right? |
![]() |
| My co-pilot Phoebe! I love this picture of us. She is currently gnashing her teeth and playing wildly with our other little doggie, Jax. |
| COOKIES! And fruit. And pretty things. I am grateful every day. |
| The Chugach Mountains. I see them every day. Utterly paradise here. |
![]() |
| My cute house. It's very fall-y right now. Chilly and crisp as a Jonathan Apple! |









Loved the pictures.
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))