This is my story. A story. It might be fictional, it might not be. And Free Speech is the First Amendment to the Constitution. It's also a real thing and you might want to read about it.
Put down the makeup and get out a book. Read. Pet your dog. Stop the madness.
Going to the club and hanging out until 5am or not sleeping for 48 hours is decidedly NOT cool. It's the opposite of cool.
If you recognize yourself in this forum that is mine, and I do not use your name at all. AT ALL, then there's probably something going on.
The only person who even saw the damn thing was my own Mother and your Mom, because she knows what I'm doing and where I am and what's happening in my life (because she's a good mother), then where's the issue?
The issue is that you treated other people very unkindly, left a big mess, hurt the feelings of my darling husband who was only kind and protected you, and you confused the LIFE out of me until I caught on.
I had to hide my belongings, lock my doors vigilantly, hide my cameras and other valuables - and even then a video camera, given to me as a gift, went missing as I looked for it a couple weeks ago and again last night. See, I was going to loan it to a friend who was interested in using old video equipment, but it was taken from my home while I slept one night.
That's some scary stuff to realize, that when you're fast asleep in one room, there are people that you don't know - AT ALL - going through your things and taking whatever they feel they are entitled to take.
I'm not saying it was you! I know it wasn't you. You leave things behind! I saw the little gifts in the bathroom, and I appreciate them. They are lovely and rather extravagant and I thank you for them.
However, I'd really like to not have to do laundry for two days and then take out the bags of garbage that will now cost us extra money and time to dump.
My husband and I were discussing it this morning (he's really upset) because no one likes to feel used. No one likes it. Ever. That's why those boys react the way they do. That's why I reacted the way I did. That's why I didn't want to see you or your precious dog when you offered to come back.
My heart is aching but not broken. I've had my heart broken and it took me three long years to put it back together again. I'm thankful I was able to do that and am grateful to the people who helped me.
I'm not trying to defend you or whatever. At some point there is no excuse for bad behavior and that's why you had to leave. That's why people talked about you and said unkind things about you. And me.
The level of complete self-absorption was really something I've rarely experienced.
I was also self-absorbed as a kid your age, but it was NOT to the detriment of people that treated me kindly.
I was taught (as you were) to go out of your way to be kind to others. Always and to a fault.
My husband was trying to juggle about 85 things these past three days. The death of a young person, their grieving family and friends. I had a virulent flu and nearly had to go to the hospital on Saturday. He had to take care of our little puppy dog who was missing her friend SO badly. And then groceries, dishes, the odd people coming to our home looking for you at night. And sometimes in the early morning. The guy who tried to break down our door looking for you. So, we had to call the police. Then there was the other guy, there, that got you involved in GOD only knows what with the fake ID and all that bullshit.
As I told you, my dear little friend, if you recognize yourself in one of my ranty posts, it's because I am simply writing about MY experience, and if you recognize yourself, honey? It's because you didn't do the right thing by us and by several other people who have reached out already to ask if they can come over and console us or do anything to help.
More than mad, I'm just disappointed and so very sad. Really sad. I truly love you, still do, but I don't get why you would do those things to upset poor Mr. Big who never hurt anyone for a minute.
I'm hoping this will rattle your cage. You are a beautiful person - your downfall, perhaps, right now.
The beauty, however, is only skin deep. And it fades and then what? What have you got left?
An empty cage and people and others who've flown the coop long ago.




No comments:
Post a Comment