So, as most of you know, it didn't work out with the current housemate. I have not spoken to her or seen her since she got home on Monday evening.
It's a bummer situation because I don't even WANT to see her. I'm upset and really disappointed in her behavior toward my house guests and it's just such a bummer.
The people who've inquired about the apartment? Have not followed up when I returned their emails, so that's bumming me out, too.
I seriously cannot afford to have this place by myself and I'm not going to even know what I'm getting from the settlement conference (divorce proceeding) until early November...
To make matters just a wee bit worse, the move cost me about $200 more than I had thought (they failed to mention that travel to and from their main office was included in the hourly cost of the move) AND they automatically deducted the total cost of the move out of my bank account. It was my understanding that they were going to BILL me for the move, but it was taken out of my account, so I've got about $600 less than I had planned to have at the end of this month.
Will this fun ever end?
Plus, some of you know I was injured REALLY badly last Friday when I was holding onto a Cessna for a friend (only in Alaska) while he jump started the plane. Well, the passenger inside the plane (my friend Kathy) gunned the engine when Alan got the plane jump-started, and of course, the rope I had wrapped around my hand squeezed my hand so hard that there was a giant blood blister half the size of my hand that immediately formed on the top of my hand. The GIANT bruise still extends from my wrist all the way across to the knuckles of my middle, ring and pinky fingers (my right hand).
I'm totally lucky I didn't break my hand. So I iced it and iced it, but then also missed out on some gardening work that whole weekend. Luckily it healed up enough so I could do some more work on Wednesday (in the cold rain! FUN!).
Have to go do some copying at the courthouse today (again, will the fun EVER end?), and then gardening at my client's house - have to do some mulching and finish up with pruning and weeding. Also have some gardening to do here at the house (nothing too big) and early to bed.
My friends who are here visiting from MA are currently in Homer, Alaska. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been... They will return tomorrow afternoon sometime and then they take the red-eye back to Boston tomorrow evening.
| This is the beach in Homer. Bald eagles everywhere. And mountains, volcanoes and the ocean. They are the Katchemak Mountains. |
I've been utterly and completely exhausted lately. Everything has caught up to me. The emotions, the physical drain, financial drain. It's incredible how much this has all cost me in all of those departments. And then having to deal with a housemate that is as entitled and icky as the person I'm divorcing? Just really was unnecessary. I'm tired of bad behavior and WHY it's seeking me out.
However, I DO want share my gratitude for my wonderful family and friends from back home. I cannot say thank you enough for the support you've given me during this difficult period. Your messages, phone calls, emails, texts... It's all greatly greatly appreciated and I feel very lucky to have such a great number of people who care about me. I see a lot of people in Alaska who are in terrible situations because they don't have a support system of wonderful humans that love them.
I am really lucky. And I'm truly thankful for all of you and you know who you are!! : )
Well, I should get a move on. It's already almost 10:00am here. We finally have some sun - so I'm going to take a short walk to Lake Hood and watch some of the planes take off. I don't know why, but it always makes me feel better to see people off to an adventure.
Ciao for now. Thanks for reading.
xoxox
| I miss Boaty. This was during a trip to Martha's Vineyard. We were docked right next to a retired Nantucket Lightship! And the Obamas were there during this trip, too. |




I am so sorry things are going this way. And yet even though things are yucky you still manage to find beautiful photos to lighten things up. Wishing you well!
ReplyDelete